With the Rule-based Merchandising UI, you can manage product promotions based on your business logic. Here, you can create promotion rules to prioritize products under specific categories and/or with specific attribute values.
How to promote products in bulk?
- Login into Shopify Admin → Apps → Klevu Search.
- Choose the appropriate store from the drop down and click on the Promotions tab.
- Click on the Rule-based Merchandising tab.
- Click on the Add New Rule button to start adding a product promotion rule.
- Rule Information:
Give a friendly name to your rule and add some description. Select the status as Active.
- Rule Condition:
Here, you can create various “conditions” to promote products in search. Click on the plus button to select the appropriate category or attribute name. Choose the appropriate operator and a value for the selected category and/or attribute.
- Boosting Score:
When a product satisfies all the “conditions”, the boosting score specified here will be assigned to this product. Please, make a note of the following points:
- By default, every product has a boosting score of 1.0.
- You can assign a boosting score (a decimal value) between 1 and 999 where 1 is the lowest boosting score and 999 is the highest one.
- To deboost a product, use the boosting score between 0.1 and 0.9.
- Click on the Save Rule button to save the rule. Once the rule is saved, please allow up to 20 minutes for the changes (i.e. product promotions) to be visible in the search results.