In case of larger product catalogs, from lots of processes relying on Magento cron, sometimes klevu cron keeps on running all the time or will be in a queue because of other module crons.
To avoid this, as an alternative, one can setup an external shell script that runs independently of Magento cron.
Note: Magento 1 version should be greater than or equal to 1.2.8
Follow the steps below to setup external script in Magento 1:
- Login into Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System → Configuration
- Open Search Configuration under Klevu
- Select option Never for Frequency under Data sync settings (the option is visible at default config level)
- Click on Save Config
- Set up Klevu’s incremental sync script as an external CRON job. Here is the command to setup the same:
cd <magento-root-folder>/shell/klevu && php sync.php --updatesonly
Note: Please remember to change <magento-root-folder> with the actual path of your Magento root folder